SPECIAL events – fROM REEL TO REAL!
THROUGH THE RAINBOW
Enjoy a colorful collection of short animated films for all ages on the big screen in the historic Louisville Memorial Auditorium.
Venue: Louisville Memorial Auditorium
Date: Saturday, June 8th, 2019
Time: 10:30AM and 3:30PM
MEET THE MAKER: IRENE CHAGALL
- Louisville Free Public Library, February 22 at 10 AM
- St. Stevens Family Life Center, February 23 at 10 AM
- Louisville Free Public Library, February 23 at 2 PM
Louisville Children’s Film Festival opens on Friday, February 22, with “Let’s Get the Rhythm: The Life and Times of Miss Mary Mack” at the Louisville Free Public Library—Main Branch. We are so excited that the filmmaker, Irene Chagall, will be here to talk about the documentary and teach us hand games from around the world.
- South Central Regional, February 23 at 10 AM
- Ogle Theatre at Indiana University Southeast, February 23 at 12 PM
- Village 8 Theatres, Frbruary 24 at 5 PM
After listed screenings of the Okee Dokee Brothers : Through the Woods, make sure you stick around for some real live music play with Maria Whitley of Shine Music & Movement & Dave Howard of the Louisville Folk School.
You will hear traditional songs from Appalachia on instruments that you might have seen in the film. It will get you moving & singing after the film! Don’t miss it!
GREEN SCREEN WORKSHOP
- March 2, 2019 – Shelby Park Community Center: 1:15 PM – 1:50 PM
Patrick Fitzgerald from Beargrass Media will lead a workshop demonstrating how to use green screen and a teleprompter allowing participants to do “reporting” from faraway on-location sets while never leaving the comfort of the workshop or having to memorize any lines. The ensemble cast will spin a fascinating tale of mystery and intrigue.